Window mode with fixed dimensions really impossible?

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
void123

Window mode with fixed dimensions really impossible?

Post by void123 »

I want to launch 3DFX games in Dosbox-X in Window Mode with fixed/specified dimensions, but I'm not smart enough to figure it out.

- I realized Alt+Enter goes to Window Mode
- That Window Mode is still not resizable and partly it's behind the Windows task bar. But aspect ration (4:3) is preserved.
- When in Window Mode it still seems Dosbox-X thinks it's in full screen mode. Pressing F11+f then it seems to go to a random Window size and messes up aspect ratio. The window is still not resizable
- I figured that setting Dosbox-X to Direct3D output makes the Window technically resizable using some Autohotkey hackery

- Is there really no way to launch a game without going to fullscreen mode first?
- Is there really no way I can just launch a game in Window mode with fixed/specified dimentions?
- Is there really no way to have a resizable Window?

Also the cursor is always hidden when over the nGlide Window. Is there no way to have this Window behave like any other Windows App Window?

If this functionality is not there is there a way to sponsor development of it? I really just want a normal Windows Window to play in :)

I'm using the SDL2 build, as with SDL1 Alt-Enter does nothing for me.

Thank you so much for creating nGlide!