Pro Rally 2001

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
khvradik

Re: Pro Rally 2001

Post by khvradik »

Hello Zeus !

I want to say: Thank you so much for your incredible work I can't find words to thank you more !

but there is one question... Is it possible to run this game in a window mode ?
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

Try DxWnd: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/

Launch the program and add ProRally.exe into list (Edit->Add).
IceMan

Post by IceMan »

Right, so I upgraded to Win10 and now Pro Rally 2001 won't really work. At most, either with your wrapper (or dgVoodoo) I can get to the menus, but the videos don't show (tracks and car selection) and it always seems to crash loading the game with "Mode select error"...
My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked) MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980, Creative Soundblaster ZX, 16GB RAM, Asus Z98-A motherboard, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor
IceMan

Post by IceMan »

And today, funnily enough, it works! Although needs alt+enter when in-game to get GSYNC running (due to Windows10 running everything in a window). I think this affects most nGlide games maybe
My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked) MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980, Creative Soundblaster ZX, 16GB RAM, Asus Z98-A motherboard, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor
thedoctor45x

Post by thedoctor45x »

Greetings Zeus and thanks for all your hard work - I've been able to get ProRally 2001 working with WINE under OS X and the patched exe works really well but there's still one problem I've come across that i cannot solve.

Whenever I try to exit the game it freezes up on me - after disabling all CPU cores except for one the problem has disappeared so I'm assuming it's a multicore issue, however with 1 CPU core the game is really laggy and not much fun to play - I'm afraid there's no way to set CPU affinity under WINE on OSX so I was wondering if it's possible to generate another patch for the ProRally.exe to bypass that problem?

Please let me know what you think.

regards
doc
UCyborg

Post by UCyborg »

The game doesn't work with all AMD CPUs so I made my own patch that skips the routine performing CPUID queries entirely, see my post over VOGONS forum. This made it go past the loading screen on my AMD Phenom II X4 920. I also fixed the bug that prevented DirectX mode from working when total amount of video RAM is larger than 999,99 MB. The menus are still problematic in fullscreen mode, particularly on Windows 8+, might be because of trying to use 16-bit display mode. Windowed mode seems to work nicely, but the game doesn't offer the option to resize its window. Probably the most painless way to get the game working in Direct3D mode is using dgVoodoo2. There's also DDrawCompat, but I haven't tried it with Pro Rally 2001.
MegaJoelchuYT

Post by MegaJoelchuYT »

Hey, I'm trying to install this game on my Gaming PC because I have it original and wanted to play (so much memories of my childhood), but there's no way to initialize the game because on the disk it doesn't create the ED3.ini file and when trying to copy the CD's info onto the PC itself, it doesn't let me copy 3 files which I think are essential for it to work (menu001,002 & 003.tdb) so I don't know what to do, any help would be very kind :D
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

Try following instructions from this post. You can download needed files from nGlide compatibility list.
PolakRobak

Post by PolakRobak »

Hi ! I wanted to ask is it normal when i start the game i have no intro and no animations ? I think it is some problem with avi files.

Edit: I just set win 7 compatibility and everything is fine